It is against the law to contain a wild animal unless you have a license granted by O.D.F.W. (Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife).  To obtain a license we must pass a test.   Twice a year a licensed rehabilitator is required to report to O.D.F.W. on the status of every animal, where it came from, why it is kept and where it is released.  We are also required to attend educational conferences or seminars every year.